Here are Five Summer Beauty Tips that I use. In the summer we tend to venture outdoors, into the elements, soaking up the sun, and refreshing ourselves by pools, lakeside, or oceans. As each season changes our environment, this presents new or different needs for our beauty routine.
I believe that beauty is holistic – physical (outside & inside), spiritual, what you eat and drink, what you think, rest and relaxation, fun time, love, and gratitude.I believe that beauty is holistic – physical (outside & inside), spiritual, what you eat and drink, what you think, rest and relaxation, fun time, love, and gratitude. #ChristianBeauty #Christianlifestyle #Encouragement Click To Tweet
- Beauty is not overdone – it is gentle and pure.
- Beauty comes from inside when the heart is full of kindness and joy.
- God is beautiful, and we are made in the image of God; therefore, we are beautiful too.
- We are beautiful in every stage of life.
FIVE BEAUTY TIPS:
As a makeup artist, I have had the opportunity to work on many faces. One of the most important ways to keep our faces and bodies radiating is through quality practices.
- NOURISH: When we consume generous amounts of fruit and veggies our skin glows and we are energized (see my green smoothie recipe). Then by drinking water, we keep our bodies hydrated.
- MOISTURIZE: It is essential to moisturize our skin. I love face oils (see my recommendations here – Skincare and makeup page – https://deborahrutherford.com/skincare-makeup/).
- LIPS: On a recent work trip to Washington D.C. one of my clients introduced me to Burt’s Bees Lip Shimmer. I am using Rhubarb and strawberry EOS.
- EYELASHES: My new discovery is Jane Iredale PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner which moisturizes and nourishes lashes, protects against breakage, and creates the appearance of longer lashes. Comb onto lashes and follow with mascara.
- SUNSCREEN: My favorite is Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen. This clear gel works well under makeup or on its own. When you are wearing makeup, spray over the top with Supergoop (Re) setting Refreshing Mist. Also, for the body, I use Supergoop PLAY Antioxidant Body Mist SPF 30, a water-resistant sunscreen body spray, or COOLA Organic Sunscreen SPF 50 Sunblock Spray.
Fresh Summer Days –
A fresh face is perfect for summer days! Start by using concealer to cover a blemish or red area. Then draw in eyebrows naturally (with powder or I use Anastasia’s Brow Wiz pencil). Add a little peach, apricot, or soft rose to the cheeks. Put on a colorful lip gloss or shimmer to brighten up the face. Next use delicate natural tones on the eyelid, with Brun powder smudged across the top line, curl lashes and add your favorite mascara. Finish with a little powder or blotting paper.
As we go into the summer, let’s spend time outdoors soaking in some sun and moving our bodies while practicing gratitude, laughing with friends, and sharing our spaces with love, hospitality, celebration, and rest.
#ChristianBeauty #Christianblogger #Christianlifestyle #intentionalliving #Encouragement #PureGentleBeauty
"To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven."Ecclesiastes 3:1 NKJV #Bibleverse #ChristianBeauty #Christianlifestyle Click To Tweet
To everything there is a season,
A time for every purpose under heaven.Ecclesiastes 3:1 NKJV
Lastly, I have a gift for you. A helpful resource to encourage you. To receive my free new Devotion “Reflecting Jesus: Devotion & Bible Verses for Morning Care” please press the image below.
Follow Also on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest – Thank you!
Download your printable Summer Makeup Fresh Face HERE.
This site is ad-supported. Learn more here. Please check out my affiliate partners! Doing so helps you and supports my blog – Valentine Sale at DaySpring, WPengine, Sephora, Ulta, Barnes and Noble, Koh Gen Do, Dr. Perricone, and The Virtual Savvy. Check out new affiliates – Answers in Genesis and Nest Learning.Five Summer Beauty Tips Click To Tweet Five Summer Beauty Tips Click To Tweet Five Summer Beauty Tips Click To Tweet