Introducing the new Beauty Is in the Eye of Our Beholder Blog Series: “Enhancing Your God-given Beauty with Simple Natural Makeup” by Deborah Rutherford.
Enhancing Your God-given Beauty with Simple Natural Makeup
As a makeup artist for film and television, I have had the opportunity to work on all kinds of faces. Therefore, I have discovered that there are quality practices that we can do to keep our faces and bodies radiating. And this is before we even apply any makeup.
I believe beauty is holistic – physical (outside & inside), spiritual, what you eat and drink, what you think, rest, fun time, love, and gratitude.
- Beauty is not overdone – it is gentle and pure.
- Beauty comes from inside when the heart is full of kindness and joy.
- Faith is a woman’s crowning beauty.
Makeup falls under personal grooming and self-care. And self-care for me is as simple as self-love so that I can love others and be Christlike. Makeup is a tool that can be used to build confidence. By praying to the Holy Spirit, we can use makeup to adorn ourselves while reflecting Jesus. Simple Natural makeup enhances our God-given beauty as we radiate our inner beauty.
In the Bible, we find our guide for our modest makeup:
1. Cultivate inner beauty, which leads to a gentle and quiet spirit. A beautiful verse to help us is 1 Peter 3:3-4: “Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight” (NIV). Our true beauty comes from our inner self, an unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit. So this is the kind of beauty that is pleasing to God.
2. Our faith influences our makeup as well as our behavior. In 1 Timothy 2:9-10, Paul instructs, “likewise also that women should adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly attire, but with what is proper for women who profess godliness—with good works” (ESV). With makeup, too, we must be respectable, modest and use discernment as it represents our Christian character.
3. Biblically, we are told that our body is a temple of God. “Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price” (1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NIV). We must honor God with our bodies. God wants us to love ourselves, take care of ourselves, and be the best representatives of Him as we can. But as we care for ourselves on the outside, we must care for ourselves on the inside, developing our inner beauty. While we tend to our outer selves, let us ensure we develop our inner beauty by renewing our minds and filling ourselves with God’s word, prayer, worship, and bible study. As a result, good soul and body habits lead to godly confidence and self-esteem.
Finding Our Simple Natural Beauty
People always ask me what products I like to use. I use all kinds of makeup and skincare lines and I love to go to the beauty store and play around. There I use the testers and ask the clerks what they like and what is new. Good products, not necessarily costly, do help, but also, it is using them correctly. Mainly, I think we should use makeup sparingly – not too much and just the right amount. I like to still see the skin and the person through all the makeup. This is called enhancement makeup, as we are not covering up or hiding the skin or the person.
When we use makeup to enhance what God has given us, we find our Simple Natural Beauty Makeup.Deborah Rutherford
To continue reading visit my guest blog for Stacy Kaplan’s Vow Renewal Ceremony makeup at https://aboverubiesorpearls.com/enhancing-your-god-given-beauty-with-simple-natural-makeup/.
Photo Credit: Stacy Kaplan/Stephen Patino
Makeup, I believe, is to enhance what God has already given us. To be His beautiful daughters celebrating and honoring Him with our adornment inside and out. #modestmakeup #enhancing #naturalbeauty #Christianbeauty #adornment #makeupTweet
Makeup, I believe, is to enhance what God has already given us. Then we can be His beautiful daughters celebrating and honoring Him with our adornment inside and out.
GET YOUR SIMPLE NATURAL BEAUTY PRINTABLE CHART HERE.
Deborah Rutherford is a Christian wife who is passionate about Jesus. She is an Emmy and Local 706 Makeup and Hairstylist Guild Awards recipient for her work in the cinema arts. Deborah writes about the intersection of faith and beauty at Deborahrutherford.com, where you will find the new blog series “Beauty is in The Eye of Our Beholder.”
She is on the writing teams for Kingdom Edge Magazine and Gracefully Truthful Ministries and has been published in guest blogs and magazines, and has a devotion in the anthology The Lord is My Shepherd, published by Arabelle Publishing. She enjoys a good cup of tea while journaling and Bible study, and as a beauty and wonder seeker, finds her soul rest on nature walks with God. Sign up for Deborahrutherford.com – Newsletter and receive her new Beauty Is In the Eye of Our Beholder Manifesto. You can find her also on – https://www.instagram.com/deborahrutherfordwrites/ https://www.facebook.com/Mrs.DeborahRutherford/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/DeborahRwrites.
Remember, you are Beautiful!
Beauty Is in the Eye of Our Beholder seeks to help women see themselves as God’s beautiful daughters. Some describe a faithful Christian as glowing. This spiritual glow from the Holy Spirit comes from the inside out, radiating our body, character, conversation, and conduct – our whole being.
I would love to connect more with you and give you my FREE gift – BEAUTY IS IN THE EYES OF OUR BEHOLDER MANIFESTO: 10 Affirmations to cultivate your glow. You can also sign up HERE for my newsletter and receive the FREE Manifesto, recent blog posts, book reviews, giveaways, and personal details only delivered to my lovely email tribe.
Follow Also on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest – Thank you!
This site is ad-supported. Learn more here. Please check out my affiliate partners! Doing so helps you and supports my blog – WPengine, Sephora, Ulta, Barnes and Noble, Koh Gen Do, Dr. Perricone, and The Virtual Savvy.