While reading Psalm 105, “The Eternal Faithfulness of the Lord”, I prayed, “I will remember.” I will remember God’s blessings even when everything in the world is trying to distract me from Him.
I will remember God’s blessings even when everything in the world is trying to distract me from Him. As I write down His gifts, I remember. via @deborahrutherford #gratitude #devotional #encouragementTweet
Remembering all that God does for us builds our trust in Him. Psalm 105:4-6 is a call to the LORD to remember His marvelous works.
Seek the LORD and His strength;Psalm 105:4-6 NKJV
Seek His face evermore!
Remember His marvelous works which He has done,
His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth,
O seed of Abraham His servant,
You children of Jacob, His chosen ones!
Seek the Lord and His strength – I will seek you, Lord, and your strength. You are my breath that keeps my heart, body, mind, and soul going. Oh, Lord, I will seek your strength. Because I am fragile and weak – You know this.
Seek his face evermore– I will seek your face evermore, my heavenly Father. And I see your face in all creation, in the moon shining bright as the sun rises, to sweet birds, flowers, and trees. Then I will seek your face through the seasons down to life’s little moments.
Remember his marvelous works which he has done– I will remember your marvelous works which you have done. With gratitude, remember what you have done in the past, what you’re doing now, and what you will do tomorrow. I will remember God’s marvelous works in my heart, journal, conversations, and blog.
Oh, seed of Abraham His servant, the children of Jacob, his chosen ones– we as believers are the children of Jacob, of Abraham, his chosen ones. We are adopted into God’s family, heirs to his Kingdom. We are his chosen ones.
I will remember, I will remember.
I will remember your faithfulness even when everything is trying to distract me from you. Trying to get my attention – my emotions, feelings, the world, excitement, tribulations, and troubles.
I will remember your faithfulness even when everything is trying to distract me from you. Trying to get my attention – my emotions, feelings, the world, excitement, tribulations, and troubles.Tweet
I will remember:
- In PRAYER: coming to you to pray and remember.
- In PRAISE: rejoicing of all Your goodness.
- In SONG: singing love songs to and with You.
- In SEEKING: I remember all you do for me by seeking you.
- In WORD: I will read your sacred writings, the Word, recalling and remembering.
- In WRITING it down: journaling, blogging, recording – God’s love moment by moment are real-life encounters with God.
Eucharisteo – give thanks. I will remember.
“Grace, thanksgiving, joy. Eucharisteo. A Greek word…that might make meaning of everything?”Ann Voskamp (1)
“Grace, thanksgiving, joy. Eucharisteo. A Greek word…that might make meaning of everything?” Ann Voskamp via @deborahrutherford #onethousandgifts #annvoskamp #gratitudeTweet
I will tell all of His wonderous works. And give thanks to God.
Ann writes, “This is the crux of Christianity: to remember and give thanks, eucharisteo. Why? Why is remembering and giving thanks the core of the Christ-faith? Because to remember with thanks is what causes us to trust – to really believe.” (2)
When we give thanks to God’s blessings all day long, we stay in communion with Him. We remember and believe.
Bless the Lord, oh my soul. For this is our joy. And the practice of gratitude and continual thanks is the joyful life. The daily pursuit of giving thanks – because of the Love of life, your life, your Love. You become His gift as you receive His.
Deborah Counts Her Blessings –
After reading Ann Voskamp’s book, “One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are,” I started a gratitude list. These are the first fifteen of that lists. I Wrote the following gratitude moments on a recent sailboat trip.
- Husband needing water.
- Sun, wind, ocean sailing.
- Song of sail wind, sea hymn
- Soft chatter, friends.
- Reading a book.
- A towel over the legs to protect them from the sun.
- A mechanical pencil.
- Waves splashing over the helm, spotting my journal.
- A husband resting on the sailboat deck.
- A cool breeze over the ocean.
- A shadow out of the sun to hide in.
- A sea turtle up the lazy river.
- Lip balm for dry lips.
- Beautiful clear sky to bring us home.
- A week without social media.
As I write down His gifts, I remember.
These are lovely things on my list, but as my list goes on, I have learned to give thanks for the un-nice stuff, the messy, the hard, and I will share them too. Now I’ve dipped my toes into writing down my blessings and giving thanks to God for His goodness. He knows I am timid to show my vulnerability, but I promise I will. Stay with me on this. We can start small. We can give gratitude moment by moment. Even when we are not ready to write it down or share it. Because God hears our thoughts, our whispers.
- “One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are,” P.25, Thomas Neslon
- “One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are,” P. 145, Thomas Nelson
If you like this blog, please consider taking the following five steps. I am honored, humbled, and delighted for my readers and friends.
FIVE ACTION STEPS:
- Pray – please let me know how I can pray for you.
- Please share – like, comment, tweet, and share to your favorite social media.
- If you would like the weekly blog delivered to your email, sign up below:
4. If you would like the newsletter, sign up below:
TAP HERE FOR THE NEWSLETTER. I send my insider community newsletter monthly. You will also receive a password to my Library for printables and frameables. Thank you!
5. Read my free devotional “THE JOY OF REFLECTING JESUS” WITH Scripture printable.
To read my devotional Reflecting Jesus: God finds no flaw, then why do we? and receive the 9 Scripture printable press here.
4. Follow all my Social Media Accounts and join me on the below Link ups.
Follow Also on Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest – Thank you!
MONDAYS: INSPIRE ME MONDAY
WEDNESDAY: LET’S HAVE COFFEE
FRIDAYS: GRACE & TRUTH
This site is ad-supported. Learn more here. Please check out my affiliate partners! Doing so helps you and supports my blog – WPengine, Sephora, Ulta, Barnes and Noble, Koh Gen Do, Dr. Perricone, and The Virtual Savvy.